Friday, April 23, 2010

Crazy Week

It's been a crazy week around here...between broken bones and sleepless nights I think mama needs a vacation! Wednesday we went over to the McClure's so I could have some much needed cuddle time with new baby Lily. After only being there for about half an hour Charlie comes up and says that Joaquin hurt himself. I went downstairs to find my sweet little man in tears holding his right wrist. I held him for a while and he settled down but just kept saying how bad it hurt. I made an appointment to take him to the Dr. just in case, but after watching him play and perk back up I thought I was over re-acting so I canceled it. Throughout the rest of the afternoon he would be OK and then all of a sudden complain about his wrist again...there was no redness or swelling, he could move his fingers and wrist, I had no real reason to believe that anything was broken, but Joaquin is really not a complainer...I decided to run him up to immediate care just to be on the safe side (and look like an idiot when the Dr. says there is absolutely nothing wrong.) Well...we go to immediate care and they took him right back for x-rays. It was cute, he was sitting on a stool beside the table where the technician wanted him to put his arm and she said, "OK Joaquin go ahead and lean over." Joaquin took that very literally and leaned all the way over and laid his head on the x-ray table...pretty funny... Dr. Thomas came in a few minutes later and asked Joaquin what he was doing when he got hurt. J explained how he thought it would be easier to dunk a basketball if he could stand on a chair, but then he fell off the chair instead. Dr. Thomas just shook his head and told us that he does have a fracture. Our first broken bone...(except for the time Daddy broke his wrist, now that's a funny story.) Joaquin has a buckle fracture in his right radius. Nothing crazy serious, he's in a splint until Monday if the swelling goes down he will be put in a hard cast for 3-4 weeks. It should heal completely on it's own without surgery...Thank the Lord...mama couldn't handle that!


Lola had her 2nd birthday on the 11th. I can't believe how big she is getting! She went around telling everybody "It my birday, I have Dora party, I eat tookies."


We decided it was time to take down the baby bed (after all the other kids were done with it by 16 months.) That was harder than I thought, I guess just knowing I'm not going to be setting it up again made me a little sad. She was very excited about her big girl bed and stays in it pretty well. Except for last night...last night was a long one. She didn't like the sound of the rain on her window so she came to my room, then she didn't like the sound of the rain on my window, then she woke up Joaquin (who was asleep on my floor because of the storm) and they had a 5 minute conversation about the rain on ALL windows...this went on from 2am to 5:30 AM!

It's hard to be mad at her though because she's so stinkin' cute.



1 comments:

Ticia said...

It's amazing how hard it is to take down that crib when it's the last baby.

Post a Comment