Sunday, May 16, 2010

Little Sickies

Had a rough week this week with the little ones... Isabel came down with a terrible infection Wednesday morning. She was getting sick every 20-30 minutes for the entire day. I took her to the Dr. mid-afternoon and they gave her a suppository which eventually helped settle her little tummy and she was able to get some rest. She was still very weak on Thursday and running a temperature; by Friday morning we were back at the Dr.'s office. After taking blood and urine they determined that she had a UTI and her white count was high...a shot of Rocephin and by Friday night she was as good as new! In the meantime Joaquin was having diarrhea on and off and ran a low fever for a few hours and little Lola started complaining of an earache. She's now on an antibiotic and feeling much better. All in all I think (I PRAY) we are on the mend from all of the yuckiness!

Also having quite a time with Ali Anne...sweet as can be, also 14. Poor girl has so much on her plate that I don't even know where to begin to try to help her out. I talk with her, pray with her, pray for her. I just want her to realize how much her daddy and I love her, how we accept her no matter what and only want what's best for her. I also know she's longing for acceptance that may never come and that breaks my heart. She is such a beautiful young lady inside and out, I want to much for her to enjoy her teenage years. To be a kid for the short amount of time she has left of her childhood...

My prayer for Ali is this...

I pray the the Lord would graciously protect HIS daughter. That Ali will cling tightly to the truths that we have taught her about who she is IN HIM and not base her worth on what the enemy would want her to believe about herself. I pray that through all of these tough situations Ali will see that God is working everything together for good because she loves him. That he is with her and will never leave her or forsake her. I pray that she will feel his presence in her life more and more everyday and that she will develop a faith and a boldness for Christ because of  her trials and not grow weary. I pray that Ali will grow into a woman who loves and serves Jesus Christ before all else.



I love you and thank you all for lifting Ali up...and my whole family up in prayer. It means so much to me that I have family and friends interceding on our behalf.



2 comments:

Coach's Wife said...

Absolutely Beautiful. Someday she'll know...and she'll be so grateful for His presence in your life.

Love ya!
Amy

Unknown said...

I love your blog, Audra. So thankful for you and all you do to support Ali. It's going to be a rough time for a while, but she and all of you will get through it together and be blessed by Him. She is so precious to me, as are all of my sweet grandchildren. I will never forget all the time I spent with her in the blue beast singing George Strait songs together. I love her so much, and all of you!!!! Becky

Post a Comment